Saturday, May 30, 2009

Miller Menagerie, Vol. 1: Meet Marvin Miller

Chase got a bird last week. A parakeet he named Marvin. Chase thinks Marvin is a girl. Why did Chase name a female bird Marvin? Good question. This is what Chase said when I asked him: "Mal and I were walking home from the lake and were talking about cool "M" names. We thought of Marvin and decided that's what we would name our next pet." Sounds logical until we realize that Chase's new bird is a girl. Marvin isn't exactly the most feminine name but when you consider that all the girls in our family have names starting with "M" (even Maddie) it makes perfect sense! You might think Marvin's life would be in danger with a very feisty cat in the house but I think she's quite safe. Jude loves to lay by her cage and watch her. When we take Marvin out, Jude seems curious at first but backs away as we bring Marvin closer. What happened to those hunter instincts? Don't know...but it sure makes for a more relaxed household!
Grandma Vada having a chat with Marvin. "I know Marvin isn't a girl's name but it's still beautiful...just like you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment