Saturday, May 15, 2010

Beautiful Coeur d'Alene

Chris and I have just spent three awesome days in this beautiful town right on the lake. According to legend, French-speaking fur traders found the local Indian tribe very shrewd traders and called them coeur d'alene because their hearts were as sharp as an awl. Thus, the tribe, the town, and the lake all bear this name.
We spent part of our first afternoon checking out the quaint little shops on the boardwalk next to the lake. Do you think this creature could be the Coeur d'Alene version of the Loch Ness Monster??
Later we hiked the hill next to the resort.
The weather and the scenery were perfect!
The next day we tried our hand at parasailing. Chris had never tried it before and I had only parasailed in Hawaii in the middle of the ocean. This was a much smoother (and safer) operation!
Up...up... ...and away!!
My turn!
I sure hope that knot holds!
While Chris golfed on Saturday, I tried my hand at four-wheeling in the mountains. It was fast and fun!!!
On top of the world!
We ran into a little bit of snow up here and once I even got stuck but most of the trails were dry and very dusty...so dusty that my shower water looked like mud for the first few minutes!
The view of our resort (that rectangular bump) from the top of the mountain.
We had a fabulous time!

1 comment:

  1. so beautiful!!! im so jealous you went parasailing! that looks so fun. mama you are lookin soooo good!

    ReplyDelete