Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to School

It's the first day of school again. It seems like the last day of school was just a few weeks ago...where has the summer gone? Today is Chase's first day of middle school so for the first time in seven years, I won't be following him into his classroom for a picture at his desk...
...like the one I took on his first day of kindergarten!
Guess which one of these two is the most excited for the new school year? I know...it's tough!
I predict that this will be a great year for Marissa. She's on the yearbook staff, she made the tryouts for Raven Flight Corp, she's on the Junior Committee, and she's chairman of the Future Teachers of Olathe. Busy, busy,busy...Fun, fun, fun!!!
Of course, the best part of the first day of school is after the first day of school when the kids get chalkboard cake for their after-school snack! You'd think Chase might crack a smile for chalkboard cake but I think he's trying to create a new image for himself...you know, cool sevie!!! Mal's got the best deal of all...She gets chalkboard cake and she didn't even have to go to school. As a matter of fact, she just pulled herself out of bed a few hours ago! What a life...but only for a few more weeks!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA i love the expressions on all of our faces.
    marissa: all excited for school
    cheese: not so much
    me: excited THEY are back in school

    cheese's kindergarten pic is sooooo cute!! he has really stretched out!

    ReplyDelete