Monday, June 15, 2009

Reflections of a Believer--Lenexa Stake Girls Camp

Marissa is home from Girls Camp. I missed her and I missed out! This is the first time in six years that I haven't gone to camp. I did crafts for five years and last year was in charge of the mail room, snack shop, and group photos. They moved camp from the first week of June to the second week...which happened to be the same week as Cub Scout Day Camp. In years past, I've done them both. This year I didn't have that option. :-( The 4th year girls get to go on their own "High Adventure" for the first few days of camp. This year's adventure took place at the Mingsville Horse Ranch where the girls did caving, canoeing, and, you guessed it, horseback riding.
Marissa with her horse, Friday. See those cute yellow sunglasses? They fell off and before Marissa could retrieve them, they got stepped on...by a 1100 pound horse. That means we'll never see them again!!! Who knew caving would be so muddy? Guess that makes it more fun! Presenting.....the 4th years of 2009. Applause, Applause!!

No comments:

Post a Comment