
Kansas City has been shrouded in fog for the last four days. Not just any fog...thick, dense, opaque fog. Did you know that fog is a cloud that forms at or near the earth's surface? The things you learn being a Cub Scout den leader!

Yesterday, Chase and I drove straight up I-35 to Cameron for Adam's birthday party. You can see that
visibility was very limited. Several serious traffic accidents have
occurred since the fog appeared and sections of highway have been shut down.

Usually, most fog
dissipates early in the day as the temperatures rise and the sun burns it off. The problem here is that temperatures are not rising and the sun has gone AWOL. These pictures were taken at about 1:00 pm.

Here is a picture I took
of a neighbor's yard his morning around 9:00 am. The fog is just as dense as ever. It's beautiful and eerie at the same time.

This is the tree in front of Lannie and Valerie's house. I thought the crystals formed on the pine needles were so beautiful I had to snap a photo as I was leaving yesterday. I just wish I could Photo Shop that semi out of the background!
No comments:
Post a Comment