
I love the 4th of July. I love that we live in the most blessed country on earth. I love the freedoms that we enjoy and take for granted every day. I love that we can go where we want, when we want, and with whom we want to do whatever we want. I am grateful for our forefathers and the sacrifices they made in their day so that I can enjoy freedom in my day. I am grateful to the service men and women who have given so much of themselves, their very lives even, in defending our great nation and it's ideals. I am grateful to God for preserving this promised land and pray that he will continue to protect it. I love America!
Each year, we celebrate Independence Day by having a family get together at Anthony's. We've been gathering there for about fifteen years for visiting, playing, and shooting off fireworks. His neighbor is a licensed pyrotechnician and puts on a fabulous fireworks show in Anthony's field after dark. Unfortunately, my camera didn't do justice to the fireworks show but take a look at what I did get!!

The three amigas plus one!

The boys

Mal and Tristan

Chris and Meg...great pic!

Marissa and Grandma Vada

Grandpa and Tristan

Rhonda and Lily

Anthony and Isabella (she's having a fit of the giggles!)

Mike and Meg with Rebel and Lily checking out the action! Both dogs did great with the fireworks.

Taking our baby Tristan for a walk.

Isabella and Chase...gettin' fired up!

DJ Johnny Scott, Meg, and Mike...do you see that little goblin in the background?!?

Mal and Adam

Boys and their toys!

Stand back...I'm going in!

Look out!

A doe approached to see what we were up to....

and then "high-tailed" it outta there!

Swangin'!

Can't wait to blow these up!!

Too loud!!

Anthony and Isabella four-wheelin'!


The end of a great show and a great day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment