Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Autumn Colors in My Yard

I was driving around the city today and couldn't help but notice the beautiful fall foliage. Rich hues of red, yellow, orange, and green. I decided to explore my own yard when I got home to discover what changes had occurred there over the past weeks. This is what I found:
The Burning Bush is one of my favorite shrubs...rich green in summer and bright red in the fall. These specimens are still transitioning. This hardy holly remains the same lush green all year long.
I'm not sure what this is (something wild?) but I love the copper color.
These roses are undeterred by the cool, drizzly weather we've been having.
This seedum is called Autumn Joy...no wonder!
This St. John's Wort has the most beautiful yellow blooms in the summer, much loved by bumble bees and butterflies alike.
Another unknown wild thing...but what gorgeous berries!
A few brave spireas still blooming. Their leaves haven't begun to change yet.
Don't you just love hedge apples? I do...they're green and knubby and keep spiders out of your basement!
It wouldn't be fall without a few of these on the front porch!
Well, lookie here...It's the man of the house adding a handsome blue to the fall color pallette in the yard!! Let's take a closer look at those maples in the backround, shall we?
Dazzling...
Ravishing...
Stunning...
Lovely...
and, last but not least...Magnificent!!!
I can't remember the last time I paused to appreciate the beauty of the fall season but I'm so glad I did today. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for creating such a glorious earth for the pleasure and enjoyment of His children.

2 comments:

  1. I love your DISCRIPTIVE words! It IS beautiful. It just froze here, therefore all the leaves turned grey and are now falling off the trees.

    ReplyDelete