Friday, October 2, 2009

Fractured!!

Chase...I love the guy!! But you know what? He is always getting hurt in fluke accidents. Take last Friday, for instance: He was riding the bus home from school, leaning forward talking to the person in the seat in front of him. He had his right leg bent under his seat with the sole of his foot facing upward. The kid sitting behind him stepped on this foot. Chase screamed and cried...it HURT!!! When I saw him limping off the bus, I thought "What in the world have you done to yourself this time?!?" We took him home, elevated the foot, and applied an ice pack. (You can tell we've been through this before!) Naturally, Chase felt that he couldn't miss football practice that started in just one hour. He went to practice wearing a walking boot that we had from a prior accident. He also wore it to the game on Saturday. The pain wasn't easing up so I took him to the doctor's office after the game where they x-rayed Chase's foot and determined that he had a fractured metatarsal. Of all the luck!!! Who'd have thought? It seems that we can't get through an entire season of sports without getting hurt in some way! Needless to say, he'll be missing football for a couple more weeks.

Having a fractured metatarsal does have it's advantages though....like being able to use the electronic cart at Hy-Vee. Chase has always wanted try one of these out. It makes missing football almost worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment