Thursday, October 29, 2009

"THIS IS IT"

Marissa and I went to see this movie tonight. I had purchased tickets when they went on sale way back in September thinking that they might sell out. Last week, Marissa won tickets to the screening on Tuesday night by being caller #7 on 95.7 The Vibe. She's never won anything on the radio before and was so excited!! We ended up not being able to make the show on Tuesday so were glad we already had tickets for tonight.
I have to say that this show was incredible and showed a side of Michael never seen before. It was some of the most intimate footage of Michael in his creative process and gave you a backstage look at a master at work. I appreciated being able to see his work personality and his ability to respectfully mentor others. While it was bittersweet to realize that we would never be able to see what would have been Michael's BEST concert ever, it was amazing to be able to witness his passion and genius through these rehearsals! "THIS IS IT" would have been one of the greatest shows ever performed! Kenny Ortega did his best to memorialize Michael's talent, creativity, genius, and sensitivity in this film and , I believe, accomplished even more than that.
Are you surprised that I've already pre-ordered the DVD on Amazon? You shouldn't be!

No comments:

Post a Comment