Friday, September 18, 2009

Hawaii Fun

Wow...look at this beautiful sunset at Waikiki Beach. So, if I say I'm ready to move to the islands, can you blame me? Mal and I have had a fabulous time this week. Here are some highlights: Here we are at Waikiki Beach just after the sun slipped into the water.
An Elvis sighting at King's Cove!
We went up to the North Shore on Saturday so Mal could set up her dorm. It rained sporadically throughout the day. We decided to take a drive along the coast to see what we could see, and look at what we saw: a beautiful rainbow over the ocean! We actually made a U-turn on the highway to pull over and take this picture.
This cute little island is called "China Man's Hat" just off the North Shore.
There was a beautiful horse ranch at the base of the Ko'olau Mountains just across the street from the beach.
These carvings are at the front entrance to BYU.
That Mallorie is always trying to fit in!!
I can't believe Mal's really going to school here!
I want to enroll, too! (She says, "No way!")
A sampling of the typical scenery at Hukilau Beach. ;-)
Many of the students ride bikes to and from campus.
This one looks like it's been around for awhile!
Dole Plantation...Pineapples as far as the eye can see!
Mal and her roommate, Taylor, in their teeny, tiny room. Their bedding coordinated completely by accident!
This is literally the smallest dorm room I've ever seen!
Yay...we're finally here!
Taylor and Mal at Waimea Bay.
Waimea Bay--We'd been kamikaze'd by a huge wave and came up spitting salt water and sand...and the wave stole my favorite pair of sunglasses...grrr!!
All in all, it was a lovely trip and I can't wait to go back with the fam in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment