Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Take Defense

Mallorie is going to BYU-Hawaii. You'll read more about that next week. I was talking with Anna Smith awhile back (she's been attending BYU-H for two years) and asking about this and that when out of the blue, she asked if Mal had taken self-defense yet. "What!?!" I asked. Seems that Anna has been accosted on the beach twice and needed to use a few moves she had learned in a self-defense class...not exactly what I wanted to hear, to say the least!! Well, I made a few phone calls and checked the web and found a great organization that presents self-defense training for women and girls for absolutely no cost. It's called Take Defense and is sponsored by the Ali Kemp Foundation. Marissa, Mallorie, and I all participated in a course that taught us a ton....specific moves for certain types of attacks and common sense tips to keep ourselves safe. It was two hours well spent and I believe that EVERY female should find and attend one of their courses. You can check out the organization here: http://www.takedefense.com/. It would be so worth your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment